SPARTANBURG, S.C. - The Converse College (10-8, 4-5 CC) tennis team had its three-match win streak snapped at the hands of Erskine (9-8, 8-1 CC) on Thursday afternoon. The Flying Fleet captured the match by the final of 5-2. Steffi Kong and Pauline Hagen were impressive in the No. 1 and 2 singles, respectively, both earning straight-set wins. Hagen also teamed up with Taylor Parrott to defeat the Fleet in their No. 1 doubles flight.
Erskine College 5, Converse 2
1. Steffi Kong (CONV) def. Katie Loudermilk (ERSKINE) 6-1, 6-0
2. Pauline Hagen (CONV) def. Luiza Souza (ERSKINE) 6-4, 7-5
3. Rachel Berkey (ERSKINE) def. Snigdha Musugunthan (CONV) 6-3, 6-3
4. Eileen Rickert (ERSKINE) def. Taylor Parrott (CONV) 6-2, 7-6
5. Marie Berghaus (ERSKINE) def. Martha Quattlebaum (CONV) 6-0, 6-0
6. Hannah Clayton (ERSKINE) def. Valentina Aparicio (CONV) 6-3, 6-0
1. Pauline Hagen/Taylor Parrott (CONV) def. Katie Loudermilk/Hannah Clayton (ERSKINE) 6-2
2. Luiza Souza/Marie Berghaus (ERSKINE) def. Snigdha Musugunthan/Maria Belen Vendrell (CONV) 6-2
3. Rachel Berkey/Eileen Rickert (ERSKINE) def. Steffi Kong/Martha Quattlebaum (CONV) 6-3
Converse will be back in action on Tuesday, April 16, playing host to Emmanuel (Ga.) in a Conference Carolinas showdown. The match was origianally scheduled for Saturday, but due to inclement weather predicited for the area, has been moved. First serve on Tuesday is scheduled for 2 p.m.